The marathon of cycling is back!
And yet again, the euphoria will take charge of the city as the seasoned cyclists stretch their limits to rise victorious with their fancy super bikes. Once more, the riot of enthusiasm and fun willburst on the roads as thousands of people come down to pedal around and create an exhilarating environment all over.
All you cycling freaks and fitness-with-fun enthusiasts out there, the time is back to get ready for the biggest and bestest cyling gala of Gujarat – SugarFreeCyclothon Ahmedabad 2018 to be held on 10and 11 February, 2018.
In this 3rd consecutive and exciting edition of Cyclothon Ahmedabad organized by JP Sports & Events in association with SugarFree, Gujarat Tourism and Claris; the city will see the people from all walks of life ride big for race, fitness, fun and environment. Because, SugarfreeCyclothon Ahmedabad 2018 is the celebration of all the goodness of cycling that has the power to lead us to a healthier tomorrow.
Race hard against time for Cash Prizes and exciting Gift Hampers. Burn your fat to get fit. Contribute your bit to spread awareness and reduce pollution in the city. Make a beginning towards adopting a healthy lifestyle. Revisit good old childhood memories when your bike was your prized possession. Spend a beautiful Sunday morning in a fun way by riding a cycle with friends and family. Let your kids explore the fun of riding their little bikes and make new friends over a ride. We can give you many reasons to be a part of the celebration. If you have already found one, Register Now and gear up for SugarfreeCyclothon Ahmedabad 2018.
ITT RACE (11km) – 10 February, 2018
Following the huge success of ITT Race that was introduced last year and which culminated as India’s biggest ITT Race, Ahmedabad Cylothon 2018 too will behosting an ITT Race for the cyclists on 10th of February. Race against the watch, compete with none but yourself. Just get going with your aerodynamic time travel bicycles and let your strength and endurance win. The only condition? Do not forget to put on your head gear.
Eligibility: Born on or before 09.02.2003
Champions’ Ride (Elite – 100 Km)
For those who love the rush of speed and have the endurance and grit to push themselves and their bikes. This is a timed race of 100 kms. Over a carefully picked route that will thrill the most avid racer. The only condition? You need to be atleast 15 years old and wear a helmet. The cut-off time is four hours. After that, the route belongs to the public traffic and you will have to race through it. If you think you have it in you, you cannot miss this ride.
Eligibility: Born on or before 28.1.2002
CHALLENGERS’ RIDE (50 KM)
For those who ride regularly or are very conscious about their health and fitness, this is the perfect ride. Not too long, not too short, just perfect for taking things a notch up. It does a lot of good to your legs and heart and yet not too tough. The only condition? We need to see you riding with helmets on and you need to be at least 15 years old.
OPEN (Any bike with gears)
FIXIE (Any frame allowed)
Eligibility: Born on or before 09.02.2003
Ahmedabad Green Ride (14 Km)
Do you support the idea of Green Ahmedabad? Then ride 14 KMs to promote cycling as a green way of commuting in Ahmedabad. Make the authorities sit up and recognize our need to have roads that are safer and conducive to commuting by bike. The only condition? Wear your heart on your sleeve, a green one.
Eligibility: Born on or before 09.02.2003
Kids Ride (5 Km)
Why should grown-ups have all the fun? Let the kids also join the party. See them enjoy the euphoric atmosphere as they ride away on their bikes and trikes on a safe dedicated route. The only condition? Be your kid’s baby sitter.
The schools must encourage their students to participate. The school with maximum number of finishers will be awarded a TROPHY.
Eligibility: Born on or before 09.02.2011
Cyclothon is for everyone. There can not be any discrimination when it is all about passion to ride. With an aim to encourage, motivate and support the specially-abled, a special ride has been designed for them. So if you know anyone who would love to take part, tell them about it. The only condition? Don’t let your hesitation come in your way.
Eligibility: Participation in the ‘Specially-abled Champions’ category is open for individuals with: physical/locomotors disorder, intellectual impairment, hearing impairment and orthopedic or neurological disorder.
Form Available Locations
Opp. Memnagar fire station,
- Registration can be done online as well as offline.
- Online registration can be done on www.jpsport.in/cyclothon. Fill in the details of the registration form and submit it online along with online payment of registration fees.
- Use only the application modes suggested on the website to submit your registration form. No individual/group has been authorized except authorized centres to collect/accept registration entries on behalf of the organizer JP Sports & Events.
- One must thoroughly check all the relevant information presented on the event website as well as registration form before submitting his/her registration form.
- Offline registration can be done by availing registration form from the office of JP Sports & Events or from the authorized centres of JP Sports & Events/other authorized centres and submitting the form with the requisite registration fees at the office of JP Sports & Events/authorized centres.
- Both online and offline registrations close on – 23rd January 2018 Tuesday for ITT and Cyclothon
- Correct details must be filled against all the fields provided in the form.
- Requisite registration fees must be paid for successful registration.
- The participant must meet the minimum age criteria for the chosen category of ride.
- There shall be no support/service vehicle during the race.
- Registrations under each category is open ONLY for individual entries i.e. no group registrations are available.
- Only one participant can register for the event using a single e-mail id for registration. It is important that you do not submit more than one entry per person. Multiple registrations from a single e-mail id will entail all of them rejected.
- Participant, once registered under any category, cannot cancel his/her registration. There will be no refund of registration fees paid by the participant in case of his/her failure to participate in the event.
- In case of any errors in providing information in the registration form, the applicant will need to fill in another form and register again. The fees paid at the time of previous registration shall not be refunded. Therefore, the participant must check the details filled in the form twice before submitting the form.
Registration Rules for Cyclothon (11th February 2018, Sunday)
- In Fixie Bike, any frame is allowed.
- Aero bars are prohibited in the race.
- Participants must note that TT bikes are not allowed in the race.
- It is mandatory for riders who had participated in last year’s nationals to register in Champions’ Ride only (Elite Category-100 km) .
Registration Rules for ITT (10th February 2018, Saturday)
- Drafting other vehicles/racers and not completing entire course will result in disqualification.
- Aero helmets, Aero bars, Skin suit, Shoe covers, Disc wheels are allowed.
- Personal support vehicle is not allowed nor it will be given on track by the organizers.
- Confirmation of registration entries received through online and offline platforms are subject to Registration Guidelines and Rules given herein as well as confirmation criterias predetermined by the organizers.
- Post submission of registration form, e-mail confirmations will be sent to all the confirmed participants who have provided their valid e-mail id in their registration form. If not received, please check your junk or spam folder. No physical confirmation letters shall be posted to any participants.
- JP Sports & Events may send you event updates through SMS and e-mails so you need to clear up all blocks to ensure you receive them all.
- In case of any queries regarding registration, participants may contact event helpline number +919979866651 (10 AM to 5 PM) or e-mail email@example.com
Rules for Participants
- A normal health check-up to ensure that the participant is not on any kind of drugs. If any participant is found to have consumed any kind of drugs, he/she will be disqualified immediately.
- Participants suffering from serious physical and/or health problems may not be permitted to participate.
- No medical insurance will be provided by the organizers to the participant.
- Any kind of cheating or misbehaviour with any of the participants during the cycling rounds, if noticed by the event management team, shall lead to immediate disqualification.
- All riders in any ride will have to bring their own bicycle, support equipment, water bottles and ride essentials.
Rules for participants of Cyclothon
- The participants are required to report 1 hour before the flag-off. The time for flag-off will be 6 AM.
- Participant must check all the cycle specifications (model and structure) and cycle parts (like brakes, pedal, etc.) thoroughly before the event.
- No cycles will be provided by the organizers to any of the participant under any circumstances.
- Participant found riding his/her cycle without the helmet at any time during the race will be disqualified.
Rules for participants of ITT race
- Once registrations are closed, participants will receive an Email\SMS regarding their start time. The participants are required to report 30 minutes prior to their start time at the information counter.
- Racers’ official time begins at the appointed time given, whether the racer is present or not.
- Late starts will be put to late start lane and in open category. They shall not be eligible for Prize Money.
Protests & Appeals
- If any participant has a valid objection on the officially declared ride results, he/she may appeal in writing within 30 minutes of the official announcement of the results on the ride day.
- The decision of the management team shall be final and binding and there shall be no further right of appeal.
Prize Money Rules
- Results of the race will be arrived at on the basis of time chip, photo finish at the finishing line and manual time count.
- Post verification of the results, prize money cheques of winners shall be drawn in the individual name of the victorious athletes of both categories.
- Cyclists found to have exchanged their bib numbers with others will be disqualified from the competition. They shall not be entitled to any time count and/or prize money (if applicable).
- Prize winners may be required, at the sole discretion of the organizers, to submit a certified true copy of their ID proof for disbursement of prize money.
- Prize money winnings are subject to Indian Income Tax Act and Rules as applicable from time to time. Any liabilities thereupon shall be borne by the winner.
- Organizers reserve the right to cross-check and examine the winners’ bike and winners’ details at the end of the race. Any mis-representation thereupon shall result in immediate disqualification of the concerned winning participant and the next best participant shall be awarded winning position.
- Winners and recipient of any prizes must produce original proof of identification mentioning date of birth (e.g. Passport, Driving License, Birth Certificate, etc.) before prize distribution. You will need to keep this evidence handy. You will forfeit your prize / certificate if you fail to produce this original documentary evidence. The prize / certificate will then be given to the next in line. Prize distribution will not be delayed for a promise of production of original identity and date of birth proof at a later time.
- Winners shall get their respective prize money in 7 working days upon submitting the necessary documents – (1) Copy of Pan card (2) Copy of Proof of Date of Birth (3) Cancelled Cheque. These documents can be submitted at the event or through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 days after the event.
- Only those riders who cross all the designated timing mats shall be eligible for race prizes.
- TIMING CERTIFICATE of Cyclothon & ITT Race finishers will be available for download from the event website within 21 days from race day.
- All riders participating in race and/or contending for any prize will mandatorily have to register following the aforementioned registration guidelines.
Prize Money Rules for Cyclothon
- Prize Money is applicable to 100 km and 50 km race categories.
- Prizes shall be awarded in three main racing categories – 100 km open, 50 km open & 50 km fixie In 50 km (open category), prizes shall be distributed under 4 age-wise categories – 15-39, 40-59, 60+.
- The cut off time for the race is 4 hours.
Prize Money Rules for ITT Race
- Number of prizes will depend upon number of entries per category. It will be declared on website once registrations are closed.
- Prizes shall be distributed under 2 age-wise categories – 15-39 years & 40 years and above.
FORM AVAILABILITY LOCATIONS
Post your filled application form & application fee to B-236, Akshar Arcade, Opp. Memnagar Fire Station. Gujarat. Ahmedabad – 380014.
Opp. Memnagar fire station,